What follow here are posts that provide a Biblical foundation for a Biblical mysticism. I know that some versions of “mystical experience” (what a sloppy phrase!) require the removal of all foundations for the sake of pure experience. As a Christian I also know that the Bible is an important source of guidance for many of us.
I have included a variety of posts here, all of which deal with the problem of detaching from our false sources of security in order to turn our attention toward God, in whom we live and move and have our being.
Attachment, Detachment, and Attachment to the Divine
- The Hermit Crab
- Heresy: My First Time
- The Devoted Wife
- The Biggest Lie in Our Bible
- Everyone Knows God? Even Atheists?
- Our μετανοια vs Our κοσμος
- My Sister, Bible College, and Deprivileging Theology
Unsearchable Riches of God
- Christian Liberty: Free, or Not Really So Free After All?
- Heirs of God, Seated with Christ, and Christ’s Incomplete Sufferings
- Bride of Christ, Imago Dei, Perfect Unity
If you like the posts you’ve read, please become a subscriber. As a subscriber, you will receive an email automatically when I publish a new post.